Coconnect is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and website visitors.
- Who we are
- Why we need your personal data
- How we keep your data safe
- How we collect your data
- How we use your data
- How we share your data
- Marketing preferences
- Links to other websites and third parties
- Data Retention
- Your rights
- Sale of business
- Changes to this privacy notice
- Contact us
Who we are
‘Coconnect’, ‘Coconnect Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06595062. Our registered office is at Harbour House, Hamilton Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 4PU.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number PZ6599797 and are the data controller in relation to the processing of the personal information that you provide to us when you use our services.
Please see the “Contact Us” section at the end of this notice for details of how to contact our Data Protection Officer regarding this notice.
Why we need your personal data
We will only collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process and fulfil any orders you place with us
- Keep you up to date with our latest offers and make them more relevant to you
- Give you a better shopping experience
- Improve our services
- Meet our legal responsibilities
How we keep your data safe
As an organisation, we have many security measures and safeguards in place to protect your data from being accidentally disclosed, lost, used, accessed or altered in an unauthorised way.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect your personal information within our organisation and we regularly audit our system for vulnerabilities.
However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit to Coconnect. Emails sent to Coconnect are not encrypted, and we therefore advise you not to include any confidential information in your emails to us.
Should we ever suffer a breach, damage to, or loss of data, we will notify you and any relevant authorities when we are legally required to do so.
How we collect your data
We may obtain personal information from you through our websites or via offline methods such as telephone, fax, email or post.
In the course of providing our Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Site; for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Site, changes you make to information you supply to us, etc.
We do not require, ask for, store, or process sensitive personal information.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to use this website.
How we use your data
Your name, address and contact details
|How we use these details||Why|
|To process your order and deliver your goods to you||Fulfilling our contractual obligations|
|Send you messages regarding your order by email or text||Keep you up to date with the process of your order and any dispatches|
|To contact you regarding your order should we need to||Fulfilling our contractual obligations|
|To contact you for feedback regarding the service you received from us||Fulfilling our legitimate interests and improving the products and services we supply to you|
|Contact you by email, post, telephone or SMS about new products and services||To keep you up to date with what we are up to. We will only ever send with your permission|
|Fraud prevention and detection||To protect us and our customers against fraud.|
Your contact history with us
This could be details of communications with us via Telephone, Email, Live chat or Social Media
|How we use these details||Why|
|To help our team provide Technical Support and Customer Service when required||Fulfilling our contractual obligations|
|Fraud prevention and detection||Keep you up to date with the process of your order and any dispatches|
Technical information about your device used and how you use our website
Information on the device you use when you use our website (Browser, OS, and Operating System) and your IP address, as well as how you use our website. When you browse our website your requests are sent via the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare will process online identifiers in order to ensure that your traffic is genuine and prevent cyber-attacks such as a Denial of Service attack.
|How we use these details||Why|
|To help improve our website||To give our customers the best shopping experience possible|
|Protect our website||To help prevent and detect fraud against us and our customers, and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data|
How we share your data
We may disclose and share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties that we use in connection with the running of our business for the purposes set out in the section above, such as:
- third-party payment processing services to process your payment to us. We do not store your credit/debit card information;
- third party service providers that we engage to deliver goods you have ordered;
- third party service providers that we engage to send emails and postal mail on our behalf including in relation to incomplete orders or abandoned baskets, or marketing communications, to provide data cleansing services and to provide marketing and advertising services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website;
- to any third party to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- to protect our customers and website from fraud and theft, we may share personal data that is required to make identity checks and personal data that we obtain from making identity checks (including data relating to name and location), together with account information, with organisations (including law enforcement agencies), involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction. Please note that these third parties may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
We may send you marketing communications and promotional offers:
- if you have opened an account with us or purchased goods from us, or registered for a promotion or event, and you have consented to receive such marketing
- by email if you have signed up for email newsletters;
- if you have provided us with your details when you entered a competition and you have consented to receive such marketing
We may use your Purchase History, Contact and Marketing Data to form a view on what we think you may like, or what may be of interest to you, and to send you details of products and offers which may be relevant for you.
We will ask you for your preferences in relation to receiving marketing communications by email, post, telephone, SMS and other communication channels.
From time to time we may also include with your order, inserts advertising goods, services or offers from other third-party companies that you may be interested in.
You will always have full control of your marketing preferences. If you do not wish to continue receiving marketing information from us (or any third party, if applicable) at any time:
- you can unsubscribe or ‘opt-out’ by using the unsubscribe button and following the link included in the footer of any marketing email.
We will process all opt-out requests as soon as possible, but please note that due to the nature of our IT systems and servers it may take a few days for any opt-out request to be implemented.
We use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you find our products.
Like many companies, we may target Coconnect banners and ads to you when you use other websites and apps, based on your Contact, Technical and Marketing data. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and a range of advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience Service.
Our use of analytics and targeted advertising tools
We use a range of analytics and targeted advertising tools to display relevant website content on our website and online advertisements on other websites and apps (as described above) to you, deliver relevant content to you in marketing communications (where applicable), and to measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided. For example, we use tools such as Google Analytics to analyse Google’s interest-based advertising data and/or third-party audience data (such as age, marital status, life event, gender and interests) to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and website content. We may also use tools provided by other third parties, such as Facebook and Bing to perform similar tasks, using your contact, purchase and technical data.
If you would like any further information about the data collected by these third parties or the way in which the data is used, please contact us.
COOKIES FOR SITE PERFORMANCE AND SITE ANALYTICS.
We use a session cookie to remember your log-in details for you. We deem this strictly necessary to the working of this website and if these are disabled then various functionality of the site will be broken and you will be unable to place any orders.
We use persistent cookies to remember items you have placed in your shopping basket and items you have recently viewed. again, we deem these strictly necessary for the working of the site and if these are disabled you would be unable to place an order.
AFFILIATES AND THE PARTNER PROGRAM.
The affiliate schemes and partner program that we run requires cookies to record the fact that you have either come to our site through an affiliate or are a member of our partner program. Without this tracking we would be unable to record who placed orders through affiliate schemes or the partner program and we would be unable to pay commission or record partner points. As such these are also deemed necessary to the working of the site and if disabled would break this functionality.
We use this to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
On many of the pages of the site you will see ‘social buttons’. These enable users to share or bookmark certain pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Google +1, Facebook ‘Like’ and HotUKDeals. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of Novatech. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on Novatech’s site. So if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting Novatech, and the specific pages you are on, even if you don’t click on the button if you are logged into their services, like Google and Facebook. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
EXTERNAL WEB SERVICES.
We may occasionally use a number of external web services on the Novatech site, mostly to display content within our web pages. For example, to display videos we use YouTube. This is not an exhaustive or complete list of the services we use, or might use in the future, when embedding content, but are the most common. As with the social buttons we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.
Some emails that we send you have in tracking so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to our site. We use this information to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them.
BLOG COMMENTS & REVIEWS.
In order to leave a comment on our Blog or review a product you have to give us your Name and Email address. We require name and email addresses for quality control purposes.
SAFE SHOPPING GUARANTEE
As a security guarantee, Novatech will cover the first £50 of any fraudulent use of your credit or debit card that results through no fault of your own from purchases made on the Novatech website. Your card company should limit any liability to yourself to £50 maximum.
Links to other websites and third parties
Our website may include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or to social media platforms. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to their websites.
Coconnect must comply with a number of statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to the retention of data. Your personal data must be retained for a period of no less than six years following the closure of your account with us, or six years from the date of the last transaction, whichever is the latter. We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (Most of this can be updated through the My Account section of our website)
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, through the My Account section of our website and withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Sale of Business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of our Privacy Statement and provided that the third party only uses your Personal Data for the purposes that you provided it to us. You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be afforded an opportunity to opt-out.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We continue to review our controls and processes to assure that they are effective in meeting our commitments to our customers. Coconnect reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement without notice at any time and from time to time, including as needed to comply with the laws and regulations of the jurisdictions within which we operate.
If you have any questions or feedback about this policy, would like us to stop using your information, or want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, please contact us at:
email@example.com, or write to us at: